Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I go for practical information and support?
If you’re looking for practical information or support about your state pension, financial advice, support and care, housing options, health, work, or volunteering – we recommend these websites:
What does the Centre for Ageing Better do?
We are the Centre for Ageing Better, an independent charitable foundation. We want a society where everyone enjoys a good later life. Visit our About us section to find out more.
How does the Centre for Ageing Better approach its work?
There are three ways of working that underpin everything we do:
- Innovation and change
In practical terms, this means that we carry out activities such as:
- Drawing together existing evidence about what works within our areas of work
- Commissioning new research and evaluation where we see gaps
- Taking what we find and using this to shape innovative and practical ways of creating a society where everyone enjoys a good later life
Read more about our approach.
How can I participate in the Centre for Ageing Better’s activities?
See our Get involved section for latest jobs, open projects and other opportunities (such as advisory positions) which support our work. Or, contact us and tell us about your area of expertise and how you think you could work with us.
What sort of partners are you working with?
We believe that we can be more effective in delivering the change we want to achieve by partnering with others.
We want to work with partners that:
- Have proven strength in the capabilities and resources which we need;
- Have strong alignment with our goals;
- Have shared objectives specific to one (or more) of our areas of work;
- Have expressed a desire in creating a partnership with us;
- Have established relationships and leverage with those who can bring about the changes we want to see.
Our strategic partnerships are with:
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority regarding taking a local approach to ageing
- Business in the Community regarding being in fulfilling work
- Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation regarding managing major life changes.
By ‘strategic partner’, we mean an organisation with whom we enter into a formal partnership arrangement to jointly deliver a programme of activities to which we both contribute resources and in pursuit of a common goal.
We are always looking for opportunities to build partnerships to advance all aspects of our work – contact us to find out more.
Do you only work in England?
We are funded by the England Committee of the Big Lottery Fund and therefore our work is primarily focused on bringing about change in England. However, we are also keen to learn from other countries including the other devolved nations of the United Kingdom. We will take our evidence from national and international sources.
If you have a question that hasn’t been answered here, please contact us.