Jobs and advisory positions
Browse the latest jobs, advisory positions, volunteering and lay involvement opportunities with the Centre for Ageing Better.
We offer a variety of flexible working opportunities - including permanent roles, fixed term roles, secondments, and internships.
Although we don’t have any permanent roles available right now, you can hear about the latest opportunities to work with us if you sign up to our e-newsletter.
From time to time we publish opportunities to get involved in our work through joining an advisory group on a specific activity, such as an evidence review. Typically, we look for a range of people with different types of expertise to bring to our work, such as:
- academic expertise in a particular research field
- professional experience of commissioning or delivering services
- people with personal lived experience of the issues we are looking at.
Volunteering and lay involvement
If you have skills and experience which are relevant to our work and would like to volunteer your time, we'd love to hear from you. Our volunteer and lay involvement opportunities typically include:
- reviewing research or grant proposals
- reviewing reports and publications
- giving your views on other aspects of our work.
Our equality and diversity policy
As an employer, we are committed to equality and valuing diversity within our staff team, board, co-optees, associates and advisors:
- We ensure that recruitment and service provision is monitored and that positive action is taken based upon such information.
- We are committed to creating an age-friendly and intergenerational workplace. The age range of our team spans across the generations, for example:
- We welcome the Government’s requirement for organisations to be more transparent on gender pay and are committed to supporting women in the workplace, ensuring success is defined by talent, not gender or circumstance. Currently our mean (average) gender pay gap for women's hourly rate is 6% higher than men's.
- We provide training and development activities that enable equality of opportunity and which promote an awareness of equality and diversity.
- We ensure that our premises and resources are made as accessible as possible to both staff and visitors.
- In our procurement processes we also ask suppliers to demonstrate their commitment to equality and diversity in their policies and practises.