The Centre for Ageing Better is an independent charitable foundation working to create a society in which everyone enjoys a good later life. We have used the results of a major study we undertook with people in later life, alongside existing research and the views of other organisations working in the field, to identify areas that are key to achieving our vision.
We want more people in future to say:
I feel prepared for later life
- I feel confident managing major life changes
- I have made plans for my later life
- I have the skills I need for later life
I feel in control
- I live in a suitable home and neighbourhood
- I have care, support and services that help me live my life
Lastly, we carry out other activities and projects which complement these topics. These all contribute to achieving our vision.
I am active and connected
- I am in fulfilling work and/or I am making a contribution to my community
- I have regular social contact with other people and some close relationships
- I keep physically and mentally healthy and active
I live in an age friendly community
We also want more people to live in an age friendly community – Greater Manchester is the first of our partners taking a local approach to ageing better.
Our areas of work have been informed by:
- Responses to our consultation in 2015
- The views and voices of people gathered through our research commissioned from Ipsos MORI
- Scoping reviews of existing evidence
- An assessment of each topic against our decision criteria