We developed the Ageing Better Measures Framework (ABMF) to help individuals and organisations working in this area to access and utilise some of the most high-quality measures, scales and data sources looking at outcomes at the individual level. It is intended as an accessible tool for anyone who is interested in ageing-related data or evaluation of ageing-related activities.
The ABMF is a versatile tool that is useful for a variety of audiences from the private, public and voluntary sectors. You might find it useful if you are:
- A service provider measuring specific outcomes of services and activities;
- An individual or organisation working in an area to co-ordinate efforts around ageing locally looking to measure progress against objectives (for example in age-friendly communities);
- A funder aiming to ensure that funding is informed by monitoring and evaluation, therefore providing the greatest impact and value for money;
- A researcher or evaluator interested in gathering data on individual outcomes related to ageing in your projects;
- Anyone interested in the broad topic of later life who is aiming to better understand the context of ageing in the UK.